4.04.2014

The wonder of nature

A late afternoon walk with the dog and the Southern Man...

past an empty wooded lot...

sitting on the edge, a piece of a branch...sawed off on each end...it caught my attention...

Two days later...walking past same lot...wood piece still sitting there...
this time I picked it up and brought it home...

I let it dry out...and brushed off the dirt...the texture and the contours are exquisite...

























perfect height for a small pedestal...for a display of old clocks...or a small vintage silver coaster...

The photos I took of the side striations and the top whorls will become layered textures in future photoshop creations...but for today...I'm just enjoying the beauty of the wood...







































I edited the above photo using kk texture justatouch2...and a fab new font, BDParis...font courtesy of Creative Market...an expansive design site that I've just recently signed up to receive their emails...which includes some great freebies from time to time...

Joining all the other creatives over at Kim Klassen's Friday Finds...what fab find did you discover this week?

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails