12.30.2012

A tribute

Today one of my mixed media collages is featured on Seth Apter's blog, The Altered Page.  This collage was one of two that I submitted in response to his 5x5 project as summarized here...
"The Pulse of Mixed Media (Seth's most current book) presented the results of a survey in which contributing artists were asked questions that they had to answer with words or provided with prompts that they had to respond to by creating art. These ideas were combined in the 5x5 Pulse Project. I put out an open call for artists to submit artwork created in response to one or more questions that were part of the original book."



This collage was in response to who has had the most impact on your creative life...
I never hesitated for a moment...it was my mom...


I used a 5x5 block of wood...with this collage on the front panel...a photo of my mom from an early age...a snippet of a sewing pattern...since my mom was a tremendous seamstress...along with the german phrase since that was her heritage...





































along the sides of the block, I added this wording...

















With the holidays underway, the thoughts and memories of years gone by flow easily...

Thanks to Seth for including my work in his post today...I urge you to stop over at his blog...and see the influential impacts on the creative spirit of an astonding group of artists...I'm pleased to be involved in such a vibrant artistic community...it feeds my creative spirit...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails