5.16.2011

First lilacs














The first lilacs have bloomed in my yard...always a sign that spring has arrived (at last!)  These lilacs were planted about six years ago by my sister and they are now grand bushes with lots of blossoms.  I love to cut a few and put them in a vase on my nightstand...the fragrance is so lovely and soothing for restful sleep...

































My sister is visiting for a couple of days so we are checking out how the rest of the garden is doing...looks like the blue poppies that she planted a couple of years ago are finally going to bloom...

This posting is the one that somehow disappeared last week in the midst of the Blogger shenanigans...but I was able to resurrect it... 

In recognition of Mosaic Monday over at Little Red House, I leave you with this lilac tableau...

worth a look...

Related Posts with Thumbnails